Hello Cheema family,
We had a great AGM last night. Record-high attendance! Thank you to all of those who were able to come out and contribute to this great Club. We are a large and growing community. We will not always agree on all things; that has been clear in recent weeks. But I believe we can agree on the most important thing: we all have the best interests of this Club and our kids at heart. I heard that loud and clear last night.
I want to share the outcome of last night's meeting. We had some great interest from community members willing to serve on the Board in leadership of this Club. Here is the slate of Directors as approved last night:
- Commodore – Nadine Lamontagne
- Vice-Commodore – Jeff Keizer
- Treasurer – Connie Hetzler
- Secretary – Alana Patterson
- Past Commodore – Chris Brown
Board of Directors
- Paddling Programs – Marc Leger
- Facilities & Maintenance – Dan Kooyman (recused from policy development and voting)
- Fundraising – Monique Gray
- Safety & Paddling Operations – Bill Casey
- Volunteer Recruitment & Deployment – Irene Mong
- Awards & Recognition – Denise MacKenzie
- Diversity, Inclusion & Safe Sport – Janie MacKinnon
I am very much looking forward to working with Marc, Bill and Irene as our new Board members, and I am ever grateful to our returning Board members for their continued work in support of this Club.
We take the responsibility of sitting on this Board seriously. We heard some new and interesting ideas and concerns last night that we will be considering in the weeks ahead. We look forward to ongoing conversation with you, the members of this Club, outside of our formal AGM process.
With much gratitude,