Rib Fest Competition - Call for Entries
In honour of our 50th anniversary, we’re turning up the ‘heat’ for our annual rib fest competition. Start perfecting your secret sauces and smoking techniques NOW!
What you need to know!
There are two competitive categories this year. Both are taking place on Saturday, September 7, 2019:
- Real McCoy ‘Smoked Ribs’: contestants must put ribs on the ‘heat’ at Cheema from a raw state. No pre-cooking permitted.
- Texas Cheatum ‘Ribs’: (some shade being thrown here me thinks!) contestants can pre-cook Ribs in oven and then heat up at Cheema.
Each category will have cash prizes of 1st place $200 and 2nd place $100.
- must provide their own source of ‘heat’
- have ribs ready for judges by 4:30 pm
- will be provided with (and expected to cook) 4 racks of ribs at no cost. 1/2 rack will go to the judges and 3 1/2 racks will be served to those in attendance
- can pick up their ribs at Cheema on Monday, September 2 between 6:00 and 7:00 pm
Please submit your name, which category you want to compete in & any questions to email@example.com
Sponsored by our AMAZING FRIENDS at McDonalds Mainland Halifax and Tantallon.